With a busy household, kitchen countertops can get messy in a matter of seconds. Cups and mugs get scattered all over the surface, and grease and food remains always find a way to mar their elegance.
You probably feel insecure whenever you need to tackle them as you don’t want to damage their innate beauty and wonder if you’re applying the right maintenance approach. Well, we have some excellent news for you. Kitchen cleaning experts from Burlingame, CA, share a few tips that can make your countertops spotless. Keep reading to find out more!
What is the easiest way to clean countertops?
To have pristine countertops, you should follow these tips:
- Make sure to clear the area before wiping it.
- Check the manufacturer’s recommendations. Not all products are intended for all surfaces.
- Strive to avoid harsh chemicals. You don’t need them in your home as they’ll release dangerous fumes and most likely ruin your belongings.
- Don’t neglect spills. Instead, deal with them immediately, or they’ll become hardened stains.
- Dish soap and warm water usually suffice for most surfaces in the kitchen, including inside and outside of your kitchen cabinets, sink, countertops, etc., as they efficiently remove grease.
With these tips in mind, let’s see how you can tend to different countertops.
1. Granite countertops
Warm soapy water is ideal for your granite countertops. Simply mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water, dampen your microfiber cloth, and address the area. Once you’ve covered the entire surface, grab another microfiber cloth, dip it into plain water, wring it, and then wipe the countertop to remove soap residue.
You’ll probably need to rinse the cloth several times until you’ve eliminated all dishwashing liquid. Finally, buff with a dry microfiber cloth to make your granite countertop look gorgeous and streak-free.
- Vinegar is excellent for some kitchen chores, such as deep-cleaning your fridge and removing grease from your oven and cutting board, but its acidity can ruin a delicate surface like granite.
- Always check the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions. But mild dish soap is the safest solution.
2. Laminate kitchen countertops
Laminate countertop maintenance is also straightforward. Mild dish soap works perfectly fine on this surface too. You’ll also need to rinse carefully, making sure not to oversaturate the cloth. Finally, don’t forget to dry it entirely.
Laminate isn’t durable, so avoid using tools that can scratch it. You don’t need scouring pads and scrubbing brushes; microfiber cloths are enough. If you have trouble with stubborn stains, just let soapy water sit a little longer. It’ll dissolve baked-on gunk efficiently.
3. Quartz countertops
Quartz is a resilient material that can handle strong chemicals better than many other surfaces. But constant exposure to harsh substances can diminish its look and accelerate its wear and tear. The best maintenance option is dish soap again. It’s the safest in your kitchen environment and removes dirt without destroying the surface.
4. Concrete countertops
These countertops have become very popular recently as they introduce a minimalist look into living spaces. They’re sealed, so you must be extra careful about what products you use as you don’t want to erode the sealant.
Again, the most effective solution is combining dish soap and warm water and wiping the surface cautiously. Make sure to rinse and dry, too, as you don’t want to end up with unsightly water stains.
Where can I find experienced kitchen cleaning experts in Burlingame, CA?
Do you need help restoring order in your kitchen and other rooms in your household near Kohl Mansion or elsewhere in Burlingame? Adriana’s House Cleaning will be delighted to send top experts to do these chores for you. We cooperate with highly qualified hygiene experts who meet strict industry standards by applying reliable methods and efficient supplies to make your home an oasis of cleanliness. Book an appointment today and see it for yourself!