Your kitchen cabinets are definitely the central part of your kitchen. Not only do they introduce a sense of warmth and elegance into the space with their design and color, but they also represent indispensable storage units.
However, due to their constant use, they can easily get covered with food splatters, smudges, and fingerprints, thus diminishing your kitchen’s overall look. So how can you keep your favorite kitchen part pristine? Read what professionals providing reliable maid service in Burlingame, CA, have to say!
How do you clean kitchen cabinets without removing the finish?
If you need to tackle your kitchen cabinets but worry about damaging the finish, here are some tips you need to consider.
- Always opt for a gentle cleaning agent. Harsh chemicals can cause harm in the kitchen area as they may leave dangerous residue and mar the surfaces.
- If you’re using a commercial product, test it on an inconspicuous spot first to see how it works.
- Don’t over-soak your cloth. Constant exposure to excess water can cause swelling and ruin your belongings. Also, ensure no water gets into joints or seams.
- Make sure to dry the cabinets thoroughly. Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to remove any remaining moisture to keep your cabinets intact.
- Mild dish soap is ideal for tackling your kitchen cabinets. It cuts through grime and dirt perfectly and isn’t aggressive toward any surfaces.
- If you have some stubborn stains, white vinegar may be handy. Simply mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle, spritz the solution on the problematic spot, let it sit for a few minutes, and wipe clean.
What is the best thing to clean the inside of cabinets with?
To clean the inside of your kitchen cabinets without causing any damage to your precious furniture and your health, you’ll need a mild cleaning solution. If you prefer homemade solutions, consider using white vinegar, as it’s a versatile cleaner ideal for various tasks, including deep cleaning your fridge, dealing with your messy oven, making your countertops shine, and much more.
Here is a short guide on how to deal with the inside of your cabinets.
- Prepare the cleaning mixture. Add a few drops of your favorite dish soap in warm water in a container. Alternatively, combine white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle.
- Grab a few microfiber cloths and a toothbrush for crevices.
- Empty the cabinets to gain direct access to all the corners.
- Apply the solution onto the surface. Dip your microfiber cloth in soapy water, wring it to remove excess liquid, and wipe the surfaces. Keep an eye out for stains, sticky residues, and spills. Don’t forget to address the cabinets’ sides, bottom, and shelves.
- Deal with hardened stains with a toothbrush or a soft-bristle brush. Don’t press too hard so as not to scratch the surface.
- Rinse with a damp clean microfiber cloth and dry thoroughly.
Depending on the cabinets’ type and finish, a different cleaning approach may be necessary. For cabinets with highly sensitive materials or finishes, it’s best to check the manufacturer’s instructions or consult professionals to avoid causing any unnecessary damage.
Who offers outstanding maid service throughout Burlingame, CA?
Do you need professional help in keeping your Burlingame home tidy? Adriana’s House Cleaning is there to offer numerous services specially tailored to match your lifestyle and needs.
Whether you just need a little bit of assistance to keep your house in top shape or require a thorough clean-up because you’ve neglected your living space for a long time, we’ll send highly qualified experts to exceed your expectations. Relax at Pershing Park with your kids while top industry professionals make your home dirt-free. Book now!