Your fridge is one of the most valuable appliances in your kitchen, isn’t it? Just imagine how you would keep your food healthy without it. It would be a mission impossible. Since it holds your food, you must always keep it sanitary. But you can’t grab any commercial product, which may leave some toxic residue.
You need harmless solutions that won’t contaminate your food. So how can you tend to your precious appliance naturally? Deep cleaning experts from Burlingame, CA, share their green fridge maintenance guide with you today. Keep reading to see how it works!
What is the best natural way to clean a fridge?
Bleach is highly recommended for deep cleaning your fridge. It’s an effective disinfectant as it kills approximately 99.99% of germs. However, since it’s an aggressive chemical, it must be handled carefully. If unrinsed thoroughly, it can get in contact with your food and cause health issues.
You also need to keep the room ventilated and wear protective gear to avoid inhaling or touching this dangerous substance. Luckily, there is a natural alternative that will give excellent results without jeopardizing your family. Check it out:
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need white vinegar, dish soap, baking soda, warm water, a toothbrush, and a few microfiber cloths.
- Get your fridge ready. Turn it off so that it can reach room temperature to protect the shelves and drawers from cracking.
- Empty the fridge. Most food can stay out of the refrigerator for two hours. But if you have some temperature-sensitive food, such as raw meat, you might place it in a cooler.
- Remove all the drawers and shelves and submerge them in warm soapy water. Ensure it isn’t too hot, and check if the removable parts have reached room temperature before soaking them to avoid damage.
- Create your DIY mixture. Simply combine equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Apply it to the inside of your fridge lavishly and let it sit.
- While waiting for your solution to cut through the grime inside the fridge, devote some attention to the shelves and drawers you pulled out previously. Scrub gently to remove any stains, rinse and dry.
- Tackle the inside. Wipe the solution off with a clean microfiber cloth. If you have problems with stains, a baking soda paste and a toothbrush may be handy. You might need a few cloths as you want your fridge completely dry before plugging it in.
- Deal with the outside. You can use your white vinegar solution or soapy water. Just make sure to rinse the soap and dry everything.
- Tend to the water dispenser tray and bottom kick plate. Now is the perfect moment to wash them with soapy water.
- If possible, move the fridge away from the wall and vacuum the dust from the condenser coils.
- Finally, plug the fridge in and return all items. Make sure to wipe all containers before placing them back.
Where can I book a comprehensive deep cleaning in Burlingame, CA?
Do you need to clean your kitchen from wall to wall? Not sure how to degrease your countertops, remove stains from your oven, and make your cabinets shiny? Adriana’s House Cleaning offers all these services and much more. We provide customized services throughout Burlingame specially designed to meet your household’s needs. Have a great day off at Washington Park while experienced industry professionals tackle every corner of your home. It’ll be tidy and sanitary for you to enjoy. Schedule an appointment today!